ICOPACK™ is a platform providing electrical connections between the two faces of a glass plate by using holes filled with an electrical conductor (TGV).
It also allows hermetic encapsulation of chips, MEMS, or groups of electronic components with a glass cap.
We offer 3 types of IcoPack™ for packaging:
- IcoPack™ Interposer
- IcoPack™ Encapsulate
- IcoPack™ Lid
Glass-glass (or glass-silicon) sealing can be carried out either on a single chip or on a group of components arranged on a wafer. This is achieved by direct fusion of the glass-glass (or glass-silicon) interfaces or by using an intermediate layer such as metal or glass frit. The process is compatible with Wafer Level Package (WLP) assembly.
Schematic of electronic device packaging
Advantages of ICOPACK™
- Glass is an excellent dielectric and thermally stable material.
- Glass is ideally suited for hermetic wafer level packaging (WLP), unlike alumina ceramics whose surface irregularities allow only chip scale packaging (CSP).
- Glass is available with many different physical properties, in many sizes, and at relatively lower costs.
- The transparency of glass allows easy visual quality control of the fabricated pieces.
- We produce IcoPack™ Interposer, Encapsulate or Lid packages according to your design and material specifications.
Contact us for more information
Technical specifications (download pdf file)